Friday 3 February 2012

SSX World Tour

So, to kick start this brand spanking new blog, let's talk about a PS2 game that has been, as many PS2 games have been, overlooked. My first impression of SSX World Tour was that it was a lot like SSX Tricky, it's more famous younger brother, however it was a lot more personal to your actual snowboarder. For example, no longer do I have to choose between a Canadian 13 year old called Marty and obvious anorexic lesbian Elise. I create my own, skinnier, definitely more athletic and taller snowboarding version of myself. G
ameplay itself is not as quick as Tricky, nor is it as detailed. But there's something about the way you can progress through the levels that makes the game so... playable. It sounds wierd but some games give you the individual satisfaction of moving forward, of completing at least one task in the day while some others let you mope about in your own sad world of non-completion, googling what you're supposed to do and running round in virtual circles. I was wary of World Tour after buying SSX Blur on Wii on which I will shortly create a heated revant (review / rant), however, it has proved itself to be a worthy 15 minute escape to a
virtual snow world where you can defy gravity, survive 100 foot jumps and remove pedestrian ski-ers' hands with your trusty expensive snowboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment