Tuesday 25 June 2013

How Much Are Those Games In The Window???

I know it's a bit late but the releases from Nintendo at this years E3 for Nintendo 3DS were insane. They've been storing these titles for so long leaving 3DS owners parched for gaming material and now we've been dropped in an ocean of upcoming hits. Unfortunately these games have come at a time when I am, for what of a better word, skint and so i can merely dream about owning them all asap. 

I have had time to mull it over now, and i can safely reveal my top most exciting-looking-from-a-distance Nintendo 3DS games of 2013 so far. 

1. Animal Crossing New Leaf

This HAS to be number 1. Without a doubt this is the title I have been most excited about owning. There's  something about the idealistic world that these guys live in and the way you can live out your own little life in a safe, friendly neighborhood filled with little surprises and hilarious gimmicks that makes this game a must-have for any gamer either casual or intense (you can play this game intensely - trust me). I can't speak for New Leaf as much as i can about previous Animal Crossing titles, but from what i've seen in test-plays and reviews is that the multiplayer capabilities of the game are revolutionary as well as the general expansion of the Animal Crossing gameplay that's guaranteed to immerse even the most distracted player in a warm, fuzzy world of awesome. 

2. Luigi's Mansion 2 
I have only played a little bit of Luigi's Mansion 2 but what struck me the most was the humour of the game. It's not every day that I commend a game for it's ability to make me laugh right out loud but little Luigi in his trembling crusade through the refreshingly new locations. So why is this game so exciting? Honestly, I think it's because Luigi's always been the underdog and consumers love the underdog story :P Plus there's of course the expansion of the game from the original Luigi's Mansion, the satisfyingly ingenious boss levels and the breathtaking manipulation of the 3D tool to the point of goosebumps, which is particularly fitting to the theme of the game. The reason i've fallen in love with the game though is probably because i've fallen in love with Luigi's little face. 

3. Donkey Kong Country Returns 

I like the look of this game - the visual look of the graphics i mean. I've never really been one for the typical platformer in all honesty I don't feel like i'm exploring enough - like i'm doing exactly what the game tells me to do. DKCR on 3DS however, is apparently much different. From the screenshots i've seen of it - it seems that the background graphics are stunning - i've played a little of the game but not very far into it and from what i've seen, this assumption is true. What swayed me though, to include this platformer in the top 3, was the excitement of everything going on around you. The idea that this game could ever be called 'boring' is ludicrous, which is why i have some problems with the fact it's a platformer because i find platformers boring... sorry. Yet, I STILL WANT TO BUY IT. That's the beauty of the game, it's more than a platform with a gorilla running across it with a slightly smaller gorilla in tow as they jump across some stuff and then some other stuff. There's stuff going on everywhere, stuff happening around them that you have no hope of controlling, stuff they need to ride, stuff they need to use. It's not as exciting as Animal Crossing and Luigi but it's up there... which has thoroughly confused me. 

So, that's it. Three reviews of top games without even owning them, thanks for reading :) 

Who needs real life??



No comments:

Post a Comment