Sunday 11 August 2013

I'VE GOT ANIMAL CROSSING

I was verrry happy to pick up my copy of Animal Crossing recently and even happier to finally start controlling a whole town, full of fuzzy little creatures. Now, forgive me, but i was a total Animal Crossing virgin before I picked up a copy of the game in HMV last weekend and had to wait a whoooole day to play it because apparently it wasn't socially appropriate at a sleepover... dafuuuuuuqqqq?? ;) Anyway, my night owl town 'Oblivion' is underway, with developments coming from everywhaar. My favourite hobby is probably catching bugs, it's the satisfying feeling of hitting your net against that tree trunk and trapping a poor little Brown Cicada in a wiry dome of fate <--- bit weird there. Fishing is perhaps a second favourite, though the anger at reeling in too quickly and scaring the fish away has literally almost caused my 3DS console to be snapped in half on a number of occasions.

:')
I was always a bit wary of the Animal Crossing series because on paper it seems slightly boring. It's just a little mundane life, but who knew mundane life could be so interesting when it's shared with fuzzy animals and museums and gardening shops. I can see the potential now for a deceivingly large game, as everyone has already pointed out. It feels like it can give so much more, and the brilliant thing is it also feels like it WILL give so much more, you just have to be patient.

So basically, i've retired from zombie hunting and racing chubby italian plumbers round a track and have sought solitude in the grandly tiny world of Animal Crossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment